Hi, I'm Vicki. I'm a freelance fashion and print designer, with 12 years experience in the fashion industry and have worked in a wide variety of roles, including designer, buyer, pattern cutter, garment technician and merchandiser, to name a few. Over the last year, since I started freelancing, I've worked with a lot of people who have amazing design talent, but little-no knowledge of the fashion industry. Therefore, I've decided to use the 29andSeptember Studio blog to provide education and how-to's on a variety of industry topics, including manufacture, trends, negotiating with factories, planning a production schedule and so on. If you're having a specific challenge with your business, I'd love to hear about it and I encourage readers to ask questions.
To hear about the latest posts, you can follow 29andSeptember Studio on social media or sign up to the newsletter. The following tags will guide you to information that is most relevant to you;
- A/W 17/18 - currently most designers are working on this collection, look out for other seasonally relevant tags that will be added, so you can easily search information for the season you are working on
- Industry news - developments in the retail, textile, apparel and manufacture industries
- Industry how to - tutorials and information on manufacture terminology, best practice and advice on the manufacture and merchandising process. This will be the core theme for the blog.
- Ethical trading - ethical trading is something I'm really passionate about, so I'll be talking about what ethical trading really means and how to implement it
- Print design - new designs being developed and trend forecasting
- Studio - news, developments, events, etc from 29andSeptember Studio
- Trends - direction and information on upcoming trends and how they can be relevant to you
- Design inspiration - lots of ideas to boost your creativity, sometimes linked to trends, but sometimes featured collections, street style, details, exhibitions and travel.
If there's anything I've missed that you're keen to learn about, feel free to drop me a line, or leave a message in the comments box. I'm looking forward to sharing more information in the coming weeks, so I'd better get to it....